Davinci Resolve now allows for third party render

• Krakozavr Strange. Can you provide logfiles? What are the exact steps for me to reproduce this issue?

Nothing wrong with the plugin. It is about hardware high loading only - the plugin use it really intensive. My laptop needed some cleanup and thermal paste replacement for a while. I did it yesterday, no more blue screens ;)

• I'm able to get YUV 4:4:4 in 16 bit depth from DVR which can be converted down to all color formats supported by encoders in voukoder. It would ne nice to have planar 4:2:2 10 bit, but I was not able to get it. Still no alpha channel.

smirontsev Actually pIOPropBitsPerSample (not pIOPropBitDepth) is controlling the bit depth for video.

Help to improve this plugin and support me on patreon or paypal. Thank you.

• Actually pIOPropBitsPerSample (not pIOPropBitDepth) is controlling the bit depth for video.

Oops. I found use of this in dummy_container.cpp (from line 125 and below. If (isVideo) ... else

So, I concluded this is not being used for video. Sorry.

• Oops. I found use of this in dummy_container.cpp (from line 125 and below. If (isVideo) ... else

So, I concluded this is not being used for video. Sorry.

No worries. As there is no documentation available I just wanted to share what I've found out so far.

• ProRes 444 is 12bit, but ffmpeg is still encoding at 10bit.

Decoding is fixed and preserves 12bit.

You can add Auto option which has some logic to pick best format depending on encoding format.

Other options will be for those who know what they are doing.

Name could be "Pixel format", "Intermediate format"...

Edited once, last by Andy ().

• I'm not able to render anything with the latest beta 0.4.1. I get the message: "Render Job X failed as the current clip could not be processed. Cannot add audio clip."

I've tried different codecs and audio settings. Same result.

Any ideas?

• This is a great plug-in, thanks for working on this. The files looks great but for some reason when loaded back in Resolve the default appears to set the files as video level vs full. I can manually change them but if I send them out to someone it could be an issue. Is there a tag or setting for that?

• There is an issue with 24bit audio currently. Can you try setting it to 16 or 32 bit in DVR?I've

I've tried setting it to both 16 and 32 (and 24) bit in the audio page in DVR as well as many different combinations between those and the audio settings in the Voukoder audio page. Still the same error. What am I doing wrong? I had no such problem in version 0.3.0.

• I had DaVinci crashes during exporting, multiple times on the same clip in the series of many with the exact same grading (render as separate clips). I isolated it in the render queue, with no luck; then, I changed color grading slightly, and finally rendered it successfully. Vukoder 4.0 (4.1 has the reported bug with color rendering, so, I did not install it, sorry). Here are the logs made after two crashes.

• I've tried setting it to both 16 and 32 (and 24) bit in the audio page in DVR as well as many different combinations between those and the audio settings in the Voukoder audio page. Still the same error. What am I doing wrong? I had no such problem in version 0.3.0.

Please try to reset the plugin. Remove everything from the renderqueue and add it new to it. Maybe even start with a fresh new project.

4.1 has the reported bug with color rendering, so, I did not install it, sorry

What kind of color rendering bug? I am not aware of any.

• Select "YUV (16 bit 4:4:4)" as this is the only color resolution that is higher than 4:2:2 10bit or even 4:4:4 10 bit.

What if I need the ProresLT? What settings for "type" should I use?

• I will most likely rename these types so it is more clear what to choose.

For higher bit depths than 8 bit always use 4:4:4 16 bit. That means: For all ProRes codecs always use this one.

• I will most likely rename these types so it is more clear what to choose.

For higher bit depths than 8 bit always use 4:4:4 16 bit. That means: For all ProRes codecs always use this one.

ProResLT is 8bit depth. However, there are no 8 bit choice inside of Voukoder plugin setup, 10 only.

• The "prores_ks" encoder can only be fed with 10 bit data. So even when it outputs 8 bit data. Yes, confusing.

Thank you for the explanation. Do you have plans to implement a ProRes GPU encoder?
    I have fast video card (RTX3070) and an old CPU (i5 4670T), so my CPU encoding is very slow: I got about 1-3 fps when export to Prores using Voukoder (meanwhile, I got 25-30 fps when using Davinci internal h.254 GPU encoding with the same clips).