2x2080TI + NVLink

• And another question =) Which codec I should select? =)

YUV 420 is normally used for internet video. It is the default color subsampling format for h264 video.

Just expect huge files, but also a very pleasant scrubbing in the premiere timeline. ;)

• YUV 420 is normally used for internet video. It is the default color subsampling format for h264 video.

Just expect huge files, but also a very pleasant scrubbing in the premiere timeline. ;)

Hi, Vouk.

so =)

I tested this codec =) 1h video was 120Gb =) It is crazy, but Voukoder works with this video very well and GPU usage - 100%

You're right. Video scrubbing is very smooth and export FPS = 160 =)

Here is the log file.

Btw, any advise to decrease video size with avi and this codec? =)

Thank you for your help and have a great day
    Best regards,
    Andrew.

Files

• 2020-09-18.zip

(5.04 MB, downloaded 27 times, last: )
  • Great news! The huge file size is because it is lossless compressed. you can't reduce the file size. But in my opinion it is perfect for intermediate video clips.

• Vouk, everytime 165 FPs. Man! You're awesome =)

Yep, that is the advantage of using an intermediate (and lossless) codec.

And if you want to shoot video always use a camera that records in ProRes. Never use h264 or hevc. These codecs are good for exporting the final, finished media, but nothing else.

• YUV 420 is normally used for internet video. It is the default color subsampling format for h264 video.

I am using 6.2, is "YUV 420" a selectable codec? If so I don't see it in my list. If it's a preset, I don't see it either.

• I am using 6.2, is "YUV 420" a selectable codec? If so I don't see it in my list. If it's a preset, I don't see it either.

This is not a Voukoder preset or codec =) This is included in MagicYUV codec which I use in Bandicam during recording my tutorials. Then import this huge videos to Adobe Premiere and use Voukoder for export. This really speedup the whole process. =) For example, 1 hour video was exported about 15 mins with this codec.