GIF support

• Is there a plan to add animated gif support in the future?

If you do it will be awesome, but only if there will also be support for advanced gif compression settings.

• Vouk

Set the Label from Feature Request to Done
  • Vouk

Added the Label 4
  • Adobe Photoshop is really effective in optimizing GIF. I used only one very old dedicated GIF software which was more efficient, but I forgot his name and it no longer available.

• You need to disable the audio track in the exportas an animated GIF can not contain any audio tracks. I noticed this does not work with VEGAS currently. I have to fix the in the VEGAS connector.

Help to improve this plugin and support me on patreon or paypal. Thank you.

• You need to disable the audio track in the exportas an animated GIF can not contain any audio tracks. I noticed this does not work with VEGAS currently. I have to fix the in the VEGAS connector.

Wow,thanks,It will be better if you can allow it output GIF even though the audio tracks are not disabled.

Hello,voukoder 4 final still can't show GIF in Sony/Magix VEGAS Pro.

• Does it harm anyone? Maybe there are other use cases and workflows than yours?

The problem with current workflows is they take a long time, particularly when creating a series of animated gifs. That's the case when creating fallbacks for online banners.

Currently, I found the best way to optimize/generate gifs is to use ez-gif. I found it to be faster and better than Photoshop. I have to work on every gif one by one, though. This is time consuming when doing series of 15 gifs under 100-150kb.

The other tool I tested was gif-sicle cli. It's a great tool, but still not as good as it should be, namely for the lack of a GUI and filesize estimates.

Having more advanced compression options and a preview of the filesize directly in the render queue would be a big time saver.

• As Voukoder is using FFmpeg internally it uses the encoders/muxers FFmpeg provides. As far as i know FFmpeg does not offer any further advanced compression functionality.

• Voukoder 4.1 has fixed the presentation of the list of available encoders and formats/muxers with Video/audio dis- or enabled.

VEGAS users: Please update to connector 0.7.0. There is now an option to disable or change audio settings.