The Voukoder project has significantly changed. It is not one monolithic component anymore, it has been split into two components:
- The Voukoder Core component will be registered as a system wide COM server and will provide its encoding services and user interface to as many programs as possible. You can even integrate it to your own program.
- The connector. A connector is the component that binds to the host application and sends the frame data to the voukoder core component.
This step was necessary for many reasons and was actually unavoidable:
- Clear separation between proprietary and open source code
- One voukoder component serves many connectors
- Possible future features (i.e. self updating)
In fact the connectors will most likely not change that often. You just need to install the latest voukoder core component in case of an update, just as before.
I'd like to create a special installer program that makes it simpler and detects installed or not installed versions, downloads whats required. If you can help me with this please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Split up voukoder into two parts (see above)
- Changed logging again: Logs will be stored in files again and will be deleted after 7 days. They are stored here: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Voukoder\Logs