Prores 444 + Alpha Channel in MediaEncoder

• Hi. I want video with alpha channel in Prores codec in Media Encoder, but nothing happening. Video renders with black background not transparent. Can someone explain, what am I doing wrong?

Here my configuration:

• Strange, I tried again with default settings from your first screenshot, but nothing changed.

Same situation with another simple video i created.

• Please be aware, that you can't just test for transparency by playing it with MPC-HC or any other player. You need to import it in a project again. In MPC-HC the transparent video looked faulty to me too.

• Hello again. I just want to say, that on newer versions of the Voukoder 4.1 and the Premiere Connector 1.2.2

I still don't get Alpha Channel on the Prores 444/442. I thought maybe you'll be interested in log file.

• Found the issue. You don't get any alpha channel information because the connector you're using does not supply any alpha information:

[19:47:31] FFmpeg: w:3840 h:2160 fmt:yuv444p16le sar:1/1 -> w:3840 h:2160 fmt:yuva444p10le sar:1/1 flags:0x2

For some time now the connectors provide a different format:

[09:57:46] FFmpeg: w:1920 h:1080 fmt:ayuv64le sar:1/1 -> w:1920 h:1080 fmt:yuva444p10le sar:1/1 flags:0x2

So it seems you are still using a very old connector, even if you have installed the latest one. Please perform these steps:

1. Uninstall all premiere connectors from the control panel (Apps & Features)
    2. Manually delete all Voukoder.prm and VoukoderR2.prm files from these folders (and its subfolders):
      1. C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro 2020\Plug-Ins\Common (Replace the version/year numbers)
      2. C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore
    3. There should be no Voukoder.prm or VoukoderR2.prm left on your system anymore
    4. Install the latest premiere connector again.

This should help.

• Thank you! Sadly enough, nothing helped me. I even reinstalled premier pro, the program is still showing yuv444p16le in log.

Also it's continue to show Voukoder not Voukoder R2, like on your previous screenshots here.

Clipboard 1.jpg

I'm planning to reinstall Windows in near future, maybe it will help.