Error with 2 pass encoding using libx254 and libx265

• Hi,

Encountered an error when doing a 2 pass encoding with both libx264 and libx265. After two pass encoding is completed, the video file cannot be played as it is forever stuck on the first frame. One pass encoding using libx264 and libx265 works fine.

When doing two pass encoding, sometimes will also get the following error "A low level exception occurred in: Voucoder R2 (Exporter:9...)

Running Adobe Premiere Pro 2019 (version 13.1.3) on a AMD Ryzen 3900X with MSI X570 motherboard. Appreciate some help on how to get the two-pass encoding working. Thanks

• As requested, I have uploaded the logfile.

When I use two pass encoding, the video is frozen on the first frame whilst the audio plays. Once audio playback is completed, the video starts playing (without audio)

Only encounter this issue when doing 2 pass encoding with libx264 and libx265. No issues with one pass encode

• Vouk

Added the Label Fixed
  • Downloaded the latest version 2.2, problem still there.

2 pass encoding with libx264 and libx265 still not working properly. After two pass encoding is completed, the video file cannot be played as it is forever stuck on the first frame.

One pass encoding using libx264 and libx265 works fine.

Appreciate if you can relook again

• Vouk

Set the Label from Fixed to In Progress
  • I can confirm this problem now. Since I have upgraded from Version 2.1.0 to 2.2 I also have this problem with 2 pass.

Edit: When the second pass starts this error appears at every frame:

• Official Post

Checked mp4 and mkv. I can not reproduce the issue, but I see the issues in the logfile. I'd guess that in your case:

if (audioRenderer)

audioRenderer->Reset();

audioRenderer is suddenly NULL and the Reset() is not called. But i'm not sure how this can happen.

audioRenderer is suddenly NULL and the Reset() is not called. But i'm not sure how this can happen

Yes, in the pull request I have replaced if(audioRenderer) with if(exportInfo.audio.enabled) then everything works fine.

I have also made an if clause to avoid that audio is encoded twice when using 2pass.

• Vouk

Set the Label from In Progress to Fixed