Is it possible to pass variables to the post-processing node?

  • I've still never gotten Adobe Media Encoder to work correctly with Pro, but I decided to whack my head against it again :) But that's for a different thread.

    I've been poking at youtubeuploader, which is a CLI tool to upload videos to youtube, and it seems to work correctly when invoked by Postproc nodes in the Designer. However, I don't see an obvious way to use individual file names in the process.

    My test setup is basically this: I've got a normal setup in a copied scene, so that I know the output file is fine; I can then add a Postproc node after the Output (file) node that runs youtubeuploader. The syntax for uploading is youtubeuploader -filename <filename>.mp4, which means I'd need to use the same generic name for every rendered video, since it's hard-coded into the Exec line in the Postproc node. While workable, I'd really like to avoid that, especially when I have a couple renders queued up!

    Before I whip up a script to guess & rename the video before upload, I just wanted to check to see if there was a built-in way to pass the variables from the Output node to the Postproc node(s), to save some trouble!

  • Oh, hey, that's cool :) I'll give it a test later this afternoon!

    Do you want me to put together a how-to? I've already got a good chunk of one in my OneNote page.

  • Okay, I just found out this isn't mentioned anywhere, but these variables are available ...

    Code
    $(FilePath)
    $(FileName)
    $(FileExtension)
    $(FileFullname)

    So this should work:

    youtubeuploader -filename $(FileFullname)

    Putting it on my list ...

    I still didn't see this in the documentation so I just found this thread. I'm trying to do a post-processing node to strip color space metadata from the MKV container (leaving only what I put in the video encoder itself)

    This is the command I've put in the post-processing node's command line field:

    "C:\Program Files\MKVToolNix\mkvpropedit.exe" $(FileFullname) --edit track:v1 --delete color-matrix-coefficients --delete color-primaries --delete color-transfer-characteristics

    I've also tried quotes around $(FileFullname)

    Unfortunately, this isn't working for me despite manually doing it in the command line working fine. Is there something wrong with the way I've typed this?