FFMPEG WebP support

  • Hi,

    I've recently tried to use Voukoder on BorisFX Vegas 2026 to export a WebP animation loop with an alpha channel.

    I've noticed, the quality is either "lossless" if configured or very noisy and there's basically no in-between, regardless of quality options.

    I'm using:

    Regardless, if I select "lossless", the output file size is huge, it's a lot larger than I'd expect.

    If I use ffmpeg manually to encode an image sequence:

    ffmpeg -framerate %2 -y -i %1 -loop 0 output.webp

    This works great with:

    seq2webp.bat "MyRenderedFrames_%6d.png" 24

    With an example filenames:

    MyRenderedFrames_000000 ... MyRenderedFrames_000250

    With a manual ffmpeg encode, the filesize is ~1/6th the size of a Voukoder output.

    Is there something more I should do to achieve more fine grained control or is this a limitation of the current WebP handling within Voukoder?

    Thanks

  • Vouk 28. September 2026 um 14:47

    Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.