Saved webm Preset always changes to mp4 when exporting

  • I'm typically cutting videos into clips and doing multiple exports as I go and I've had this problem with voukoder since at least version 2, I just installed Voukoder 5 and still have it.


    I have a webm VP9 preset saved but when I go to Export a clip, the Output is changed to .mp4, and Preset is reset to 'Custom' even though it still says "Format: webm, Video: libvpx-vp9, Audio: libopus".

    Other options: b=30000000 cpu-used=4 crf=19 quality=good


    If I re-select my webm preset, nothing changes. I must click on 'Configure' under Voukoder, then click OK, and it changes back to webm then I can export normally. This happens every single time I export a clip, even from the same project. If I do the previous fix to change to webm, and instead click 'Queue' to open Media Encoder, it will AGAIN change the output to mp4 and must be fixed for every single thing that gets queued.


    Would appreciate a solution as it would save me a lot of time.

  • Vouk

    Added the Label In Progress
  • Vouk

    Added the Label 4
  • Are you using the latest connector version 1.4.0?


    Can you please tell me the exact steps on how to reproduce this?

    I remeber i was able to reproduce it, but now i can't.

    Help to improve this plugin and support me on patreon or paypal. Thank you.

  • Are you using the latest connector version 1.4.0?


    Can you please tell me the exact steps on how to reproduce this?

    I remeber i was able to reproduce it, but now i can't.

    Guess I don't have notifications here, sorry for the late reply.


    I just updated to connector 1.4 (not sure what I was on before), and same thing still happens to me.


    These steps should work


    Start exporting any clip in Premiere to open Export Settings (I typically press CTRL+M). Pick format Voukoder - click Configure under Voukoder settings and choose VP9/webm output, click OK. Click Save Preset and give it a name (you probably don't even have to do this) - then export your clip. This part will work normally.


    After it's exported, try to export the same or any other clip again - it should default to your saved webm preset but the output name changes to mp4. You can then click Configure under Voukoder again, and it says the codec is still VP9 - press OK, and it changes the names back to .webm


    I have found that if you actually export it without changing this, it will still export as intended the webm. However, it will not warn you if a file already exists with the name and will automatically overwrite it. Even if you try to change the file name, the browser only looks for .mp4 files so if you have webm's already created, you won't see them there to make sure you pick an unused filename.


    I also tested changing to other formats and it doesn't seem to make a difference. Even if I do h264/h265/vp8, if I pick any output format that isn't mp4, it will always change the filename to mp4 when I try to export a second time.

  • Vouk

    Set the Label from In Progress to Fixed
  • Just to include my confirmation here, connector 1.5 has indeed fixed my extension issue.


    It did seem however to mess with my saved preset configurations, I had to change my configuration back to CRF=19 and I also had to open the Metadata tab on the Export window and disable the sidecar/xmp file creation on every one of my presets (I never had them on before). Unless something else somehow changed all this between yesterday and today, the connector is the only new thing I did. Nothing major there though.


    Thanks