Encoding problem AMD-AMF With CBR (not perfect with high bitratr) but VBR => OK )

• hi,

when encoding in CBR (20000 kbit) many on my video have problem when reading them but if i change to VBR PEAK (20000kbit) it's ok

Current Setting : b=20000000 level=6.2 profile=high quality=quality rc=cbr => bug (i join screenshot)

Changed to : b=20000000 level=6.2 profile=high quality=quality rc=vbr_peak => it's PERFECT

My GPU is AMD RX580 4GB

i join a screenshot with 2 zone where you can see what happen , and i found this bug when video are more than 25 minutes duration

i'd like to precise i made all my capture with Mirrilis ACTION with encoding hardware GPU (AMD) and in the original capture i dont have any kind of problem with CBR capture.... so it's not an hardware problem...

• This is not a bug. These are encoding artifacts and mean you have to optimize your settings.

You try to encoding with 20 Mbit/s. I don't know the resolution or the fps, but most likely this is not enough.

• Try to avoid bit rate based rate controls and use quality / quantizer based rate controls instead (unless you aim for a specific file size i.e. for DVD/BD authoring).
    • Don't set a level if you just want to upload to youtube. Levels are needed when your rendered videos should be played on certain hardware decoders. But YT re-encodes all videos again anyway.

Try this simple settings:

profile=high qp=23 quality=quality rc=cqp

And if the quality is bad decrease the "qp" value until you are happy with the video quality.

Help to improve this plugin and support me on patreon or paypal. Thank you.

• Vouk

Added the Label Not a bug