Posts by iAvoe

Wow you actually have a dedicated rig, in that case because encoding used much more CPU than any game I know, if you have a better CPU in the gaming rig, swap it with your streaming PC.

The reason for 1920x1032 resolution is to discard a portion of graphics to compute, so get less quality drop in some very high motion scenes, and because most people watch videos on their 18:9 mobile phone (I assume?), they won't notice that border at all

However since Twitch don't like non 16:9 videos, you might still can cheat with 1888x1062 with no resize, just record in a smaller centered window, this is a tiny bit smaller than 1080p and still in 16:9 but I doubt this one would look as good as full 1080p :)

I've left a pretty low setting above, you can try this set of options (leave the unspecified settings as the previous), but I doubt this would be smooth enough:

CPU Preset: medium

Profile: none

CRF: 22

Bitrate: 7777kbps

Keyint: Auto

Options:

me=umh subme=6 chroma_me=0 bframes=5 b-adapt=1 ref=3 aq-mode=1 aq-strength=1.1
    deblock=0:0 trellis=2 direct=temporal cabac=1

If above settings doesn't work well, change from medium to fast

Just saying you probably looked over some things like profile none, use strong AA, make sure you apply those ;)

Can you also tell me about the game you records? I can actually take a note as I need that to improve my tutorial

That depends on your CPU, because adding more stuff to compute could blow up your 1800x usage, you can do average bitrate mode so your CPU usage is a lot lower, or crf+vbr mode with best quality when you are not going over 8000k as you wanted, both modes are for streaming.

1800x is not good enough for crf+vbr mode, so you need a lot of free performance boost with these steps:

1. record in 1920x1032 57fps (assume you stream with OBS)

2. limit game fps to 60 maximum, this will free up a lot of CPU usage as GPU wil call CPU send frames to render, and then reduces GPU temperature which gives more heating room for CPU

3. enable vertical sync because this will output cleaner frames to encode, resulting better quality, this does reduce fps but gives CPU more heating room as the GPU gets cooler

4. use strong anti aliasing unless it has resulted a crash, because a smooth picture is much easier to compress, and frees up CPU compute power for referencing frames, etc

5. if you save your streaming as recording, make sure recording, game and OS are on 3 different drives

R1. If your streaming video/audio bitrate is tied together, reduce audio bitrate to 160kbps

X1. In OBS, you can set your streaming method as ABR or VBR (in the advanced menu if I remember it right), select x264, and try,the following setting, but make sure you test in recording mode before stream, because I suspect the CPU usage would just blow up in high motion and complexity scenes, I'll try make an ABR mode setting if it doesn't record smoothly

Rate Control: VBR

Keyint: 5

Bitrate: 7666kbps

CPU Preset: veryfast

Buffer: 3500

Profile: none

CRF: 23

tune: film

Parameters: me=hex subme=4 me_range=12 chroma_me=0 bframes=3 b-adapt=1 ref=3 aq-mode=2 aq-strength=0.9 deblock=1:0 trellis=1 deadzone-inter=8 deadzone-intra=5 direct=temporal cabac=1

My Nvme SSD died a month ago and it took my operating system with it, data lost, so when encoding fails in halfway, it's 90% chance that something is overheating, which in my case is the graphic card blowing hot air on it

I have so many failed attempts. All i ever reach is that my screen goes black and then says no signal, as if my GFx card dies.

Yep, that is definitely a hardware issue, could be powersupply, GPU, NVME SSD that overheats

You can post this command on knowledges, I think Vouk could add them onto the program later, because knowledges rarely gets new posts and I actually waited a month to see some x264 options are added:)

To be honest, I know very little about command lines and programming. I understand only the basics. My brain almost got a knot just looking at all these codes. LOL

If it is possible to implement this option, it will be very useful for those working with subtitle editing.

There are 2 ways to hard burn subtitles, you can download simplex264Launcher and use it's included avs for simple subs, or download ffmpeg, use it's filter_complex renderrer for professional subs (like multiple fonts, super/subscripts and math alphabets)

So, as the topic, and I've actually written a post here, but I would agree it is very tedious and there are lots of "do not touch" options:sleeping:

I tried with v6.2 and made sure [show advanced options] are checked, which it doesn't do anything, so that's the problem

I'm here again XD, I've found out that x264 custom presets would not be there if this thing is not checked:1.png

So make sure you have selected "show advanced options" first before you are applying a preset... I guess XD

It can be solved by adding a line to automatically enable this option if its not on.

And just saying that I've updated the preset thread, there are speed improvement, some other parameters are tuned, and added more presets:!:

Sure but remuxing takes a lot of time especially when working with a number of large files. Unfortunately I don't have a RAID array or enough SSD storage to speed up the process so a direct import into PPro is much easier.

It actually takes the same amount of time to multiplex comparing output from software or command line, premiere would just put the render time a little longer for every render

Also, you can just copy paste the ffmpeg section of that command to make it automatically mux all files, and you can have a coffee away from computer

You can also run multiple instances on multiple harddrives, depending on your RAM capability:)