Posts by javi

Hi.

Running the performance test tool i've found out my i7-8700 is able to render at the following rates:

With Mercury Software Acceleration (general settings + project)

Using Legacy title: 20fps. Pixel format VUya.

Without any title, 77fps. Pixel format nv12.

With Essential graphics titles: 21fps. Pixel format VUya.

With a 2160p transparent PNG with the text on it: 25fps. Pixel format VUya.

With a small (text size crop) transparent PNG with the text on it: 34fps. Pixel format VUya.

With Mercury Hardware Acceleration (general settings + project)

GTX 1660 goes 100% usage here in task manager, however it is not video encode or decode what is causing the load.

Using Legacy title: 11fps. Pixel format VUya.

Without any title, 12 fps. Pixel format nv12.

It looks we hit a hard limit here for some reason. I didn't try further with this global + project hw enabled.

Disabling the hw accel option in the project but leaving it enabled in the global preferences:

Using Legacy title: 25 fps. Pixel format VUya.

Without any title, 74 fps. Pixel format nv12.

Exporting 4K video resizing to 1080p with titles: 25fps

Exporting 4K video resizing to 1080p with titles: 33fps

Exporting 1080p video: 171fps, pixel format nv12

Basically I can see that the cpu is somehow limiting me. However, I also see a previous message talking about the pixel format. Is that something I can change somewhere? I went to sequence settings but I wasn't able to find pixel format anywhere.

Ok, i've got the GTX1660, installed the Nvidia drivers and, while I'm still doing the 1 hour video test encode, it looks like it's going to take about the same time as without the GTX

[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/tPhnjIU.png]

The only effect applied in this project is the title text that I surrounded by a red line (it's just a test)

[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/eKnxD4C.png]

I'll attach a log after export finishes. I'm sure there must be something i'm doing wrong.

Hi all

I'm new to this forum. I'm glad to be here and hopefully will be able to help others interested in accelerating video exports as I am.

I just found this project which seems very promising, but need to gather some info / other users experience before spending money in a GPU.

I currently generate about 6 hours of UHD (XAVCS 25p 60M) video every week, which I then edit and export to HEVC using Adobe Premiere Pro 2019 via Adobe Media Encoder 2019 using an Intel i7-8700CPU.

I've tested Voukoder plugin and obtained the following results for a 1:05h UHD clip.

• Voukoder HEVC (Intel QSV preset) export time with Mercury OpenCL acceleration 2h:04m
      Voukoder HEVC (Intel QSV preset) export time with Mercury Software acceleration 1h:45m
    • Voukoder HEVC (x265 preset) export time with Mercury OpenCL acceleration: 3h
      Voukoder HEVC (x265 preset) export time with Mercury Software acceleration: 2h:25m
    • Original Adobe Premiere Pro HEVC x265 (4K UHD preset) export time with Mercury OpenCL acceleration: 2h:25m
      Original Adobe Premiere Pro HEVC x265 (4K UHD preset) export time with Mercury Software acceleration: 1h:20m

Clip consists in the original video footage with a simple legacy title (text) on top of it. Some (a few) of them have warp stabilizer effect added, which I don't know if is handled by the CPU or the GPU at export time..

I am currently considering purchasing one of (GTX1660 / RTX2060) in order to speed up export times if the time saved is really worth it. What would be the export times so I can consider if it is worth the expense?

What would be the approximate difference in export times between the 1660 and the 2060? 2060 is nearly 70% extra cost, but I don't know if there would be a significant export time difference.

The benefit I am pursuing is purely regain control of my computer, Sometimes i've had some issues because I needed to do something and the CPU was all being eaten by a 7 hour export X/. Overnight exports have become my latest choice ||, but I would really appreciate to make exports faster.

Thank you very much