1660ti or 2060??? real reson for voukoder?

• hi

now i chose new laptop and i dont know if i should overpay for 2060 over 1660Ti.

can you say wich specs more "in-use" with voukoder?

cuda cores? fillrate? transistors? maybe only clockspeed? i look gpuZ

i see some tests, and it was around only 7% difference, but it was game and 3d tests...

so im not shure i get some speed improovement with 2060.

• lalalsi123

Changed the title of the thread from “1660ti or 2060??? real reson?” to “1660ti or 2060??? real reson for voukoder?”.
  • There are two configurations, GTX1650 using old Volta encoding of cards of previous generation GTX10x0 which only offers an incomplete H265 without B-Frames (it is this essential point that we have to do real efficient H265) and those using Turing architecture with a full H265 with B-Frame; It is naturally these latest models that must be chosen since they are the gateway to H265 encoding. Note that performance is almost identical for all models using Turing since they have the same hardware for encoding, the slight differences arise from differences in memory access and their frequencies.

GTX 1650 (first) : GPU TU117 Volta 4Go GDRR5 896 Cuda without B-Frame

GTX 1650 Super : GPU TU116 Turing 4Go GDDR6 1280 Cuda with B-Frame

GTX 1650 G6 : GPU TU117 Volta 4Go GDDR6 896 Cuda without B-Frame

GTX 1650 : GPU TU106 Turing 4Go GDDR6 896 Cuda with B-Frame

GTX 1650 : GPU TU116 Turing 4Go GDDR6 896 Cuda with B-Frame

GTX 1650 Ultra : GPU TU106 Turing 6 Go GDDR6 896 Cuda with B-Frame

All this is to be confirmed and you have to be careful when buying, especially because it is not necessarily well specified by the manufacturers of video cards.

There may also be a difference in performance depending on the number of CUDA cores you need. But there is no method to evaluate it and it depends on the complexity of montage and number of effect used.

source : https://forum.magazinevideo.com/topic/38776-infos-les-cartes-graphiques-nvidia/?do=findComment&comment=186484

• the same NVENC encoder chip.

wou! i saw for specs but there was NVENC chip??

i dindnt know!

so any specs not important? like cuda cores, fillrate, transistors, clockspeed??? only chip type??

what soft show info about this chip and how can i check it?

thank you

• thank you but im still not belive that only chip is important and any specs not affect rendering time?

because the price even for the professional series of Quadro can differ significantly.

Vouk (Daniel), as developer you see with code what specs really in-use please answer concretely. cuda cores, fillrate, transistors, clockspeed?

you are the only one who can say for sure, without guesswork.

thank you

• The information in this thread is actually quite good.

You should ask NVidia for more details.

I wrote a couple of years ago in support, but they do not know anything and do not give detailed information ...

only coders like you know this, since you use certain characteristics and see how differences occur on different maps, you can analyze and draw conclusions ..

for us - users, it is not available ... except to buy a bunch of cards and conduct tests, but it will still not be clear whether the difference in architecture or the code used the capabilities of the characteristics.

• You can take a look here for a detailed comparison of many Nvidia GPUs in terms of GPU encoding power and speed.

https://www.elpamsoft.com/?p=Plex-Hardware-Transcoding

thanks, but too many confusions.

could you explain the details?

for example, what does the letter U mean in the session limit - unlimited or unknown?

if there is no limit, then what's the point in it, if there is 3 - the FPS is the same or higher?

the same with transcode streams, the figure is higher - but the fps is the same ..

total - everything except FPS does not have any reason to live ??