How Voukoder settings applied/passed to ffmpeg?

• Hi, I have several questions about settings.

1. Defaults settings are defaults basically for Voukoder or for some particular version of ffmpeg/x264/x265/...?

2. Untouched settings (defaults) are passed anyway to ffmpeg or passed only changed with not default value?

3. What I should expect if I select tune "film" for x264, but leave default deblocking with "0:0" or change it to -2:-2? The same case with a lot of other settings in conjunction with tune/preset. For example: for testing I choose default settings + Lossless for x264, but after export, I found out (using Mediainfo), that several options (like deblock=1:0:0) still were used, but they shouldn't, as I know. Is it was set by Voukoder or internally by ffmpeg/x264?

4. In Voukoder log file I can see applied settings. However it is not clear is it what Voukoder passed to ffmpeg or what applied internally in ffmpeg/x264/... Could you implement in log system a line with all passed settings/options to ffmpeg? As I know, settings preview is planned in 2.0 version. But, I think it already will be useful in 1.* version at least as line in logs.

• All default settings in Voukoder should match to the default settings in FFMpeg and its encoders. At least I tried to do so.

Voukoder currently accepts invalid parameter combinations. You could create completely useless configurations. If you set a parameter to its default value this parameter is not beeing sent to FFMpeg.

The settings you see in the log file are the actual settings that are sent to the AVCodecContext in FFMpeg

I'd rather focus on 2.0 right now as long as it is not a critical issue.

Stay up-to-date and follow me on Twitter. Tell me your feedback.

Help to improve this plugin and support me on patreon. Thank you.

• If you set a parameter to its default value this parameter is not beeing sent to FFMpeg.

Default value according to tune/preset or in general? Anyway, in log I can see all settings, even defaults. So I am not sure that these defaults settings are not overrides tune/preset settings. That is why I ask how it works and what applies. And still it is not clear for me.

In log:

[2019-01-31 00:03:43,387646][INFO] Opening codec: libx264 with options: crf=23

[2019-01-31 00:03:43,449649][INFO] 264 - core 157 - H.264/MPEG-4 AVC codec - Copyleft 2003-2018 - http://www.videolan.org/x264.html - options: cabac=1 ref=3 deblock=1:0:0 analyse=0x3:0x113 me=hex subme=7 psy=1 psy_rd=1.00:0.00 mixed_ref=1 me_range=16 chroma_me=1 trellis=1 8x8dct=1 cqm=0 deadzone=21,11 fast_pskip=1 chroma_qp_offset=-2 threads=12 lookahead_threads=2 sliced_threads=0 nr=0 decimate=1 interlaced=0 bluray_compat=0 constrained_intra=0 bframes=3 b_pyramid=2 b_adapt=1 b_bias=0 direct=1 weightb=1 open_gop=0 weightp=2 keyint=250 keyint_min=25 scenecut=40 intra_refresh=0 rc_lookahead=40 rc=crf mbtree=1 crf=23.0 qcomp=0.60 qpmin=0 qpmax=69 qpstep=4 ip_ratio=1.40 aq=1:1.00

Export with default settings. We can see a lot of options with default values. It is from Voukoder or internally from ffmpeg/encoder? I am right that first line is what Voukoder passes to ffmpeg (only crf=23 in this case), and second line means: using what settings ffmpeg start encoding, including defaults implemented internally?