Adobe Premiere Pro CC encoding test :Ryzen vs intel With nvenc (need to have a gtx 10 series)

• hello

I am thinking about switching to ryzen

the problem is ryzen is massively slower compared to Intel chips because of the hardware acceleration

but maybe with nvenc and voukoder, I can get the same performance

specs :

i5 6600

GTX 1070

encoding the test project on my system has taken about a minute

and playback was super smooth on 1/2 quality

if you can send me a pic of task manger usage when you are rendering + playback the video

test project : http://www.mediafire.com/file/…est_%28Fareszr%29.7z/file

voukoder settings Capture.PNG

you need to start the stop watch when you click export

and tell me how playback is doing is it smooth are you dopping any frames ?

i'm interested in ryzen 7/5 results

• fareszr

Hat den Titel des Themas von „need to test something :Ryzen vs intel With nvenc (need to have a gtx 10 series)“ zu „Adobe Premiere Pro CC encoding test :Ryzen vs intel With nvenc (need to have a gtx 10 series)“ geändert.
  • I had to choose between Ryzen Threadripper and an 8700K. But I was told Premiere and After Effects prefer single core cpu power more than just having more cores available. So i went for the 8700K.

But if you use NVENC anyway it shouldn't make a difference. Would be interesting to see a comparison.

Stay up-to-date and follow me on Twitter. Tell me your feedback.

Help to improve this plugin and support me on patreon. Thank you.

• Intel definitely floors Ryzen on single-threaded apps, ie AFX... and I recall reviews showing Ryzen topping the charts in x265 but then Intel squared-off and superceded with their new 'tock' generation socket-2066 basin-falls cpus with upto 18 cores.

I remember the days of the 486DX-66 and Athlon, it was fun back then, Intel were on their toes all the time :D

• Consumer pricing has escalated a great deal indeed. But I do believe that Intel still delivers bang-for-buck. Threadripper might be great for AMD specific tuned apps and bitcoin mining etc, but I wouldn't personally recommend the Ryzen over the equivalent Intel. Now if Ryzen beefed up their game in the single-core 'umph' department, then I would definitely consider the AMD platform myself.

To be fair, if your computer does what you need, and ok it may take a few more minutes than the fastest glitteringly dazzling cpu/ram/mobo, then hey, just go and take the dog for a walk or attack one of your personal chores outside of computing. Personally I always advise get bigger faster SSD and more ram and a good enough GPU for what you need. Everything else can wait till you really see a massive difference in performance accelerating your productivity to the next level.

Just my two pence. ;)

• After a lot of testing the results are in!

I have a done some tests with/without IGPU

(this is a different project much bigger project)

chart.jpg

i also tested playback

with iGpu i had 0 frames dropped

without iGpu i had 3 dropped frames ( which is nothing to care about )

the thing is the timeline was much smoother with igpu

the video previews when scrubbing in the timeline is much smoother

if i go with the 8700k i am going to pay more fro the same features on ryzen or im going to lose OC which pretty important to me

ryzen has more cores and this will probably make the CPU live longer because the industry is moving towards optimizing for multi threaded CPUs

ahhh i can't choose between them going with Intel is expensive while AMD is cheaper with more cool features and more cores.