Enable additional frame rate support

• Hey everyone!

I have been using Voukoder 0.9.1 for some time now and mostly use it to gain the ability to customize the GOP (remove all B frames) - it's great!

Recently I have been tasked with creating 5, 12, and 20 fps versions of my sample clips. It appears that these frame rates are not supported for H.264 encoding with this tool. Is it possible to either add support for these, or manually add an encoder parameter to encode at these unsupported rates?

Ideally, I'd like to keep all of the processing within Premiere Pro as I have scripts that call the media encoder as an all in one solution for programmatic video generation. What is the best way to accomplish this?

Thank you in advance!

• Yes, it is possible. I have added these framerates to the dropdown list. Maybe I will change it even to an input field where you could enter any frame rate.

But what is the use case for these low frame rates?

• Vouk

Hat das Label Fertig hinzugefügt
  • Good point! But in this case VFR with one frame with the duration fo the whole clip would be even better.

Anyway, these framerates will be available in the next release.

But MPC-HC has problems decoding audio in a 5 fps file.

• Hi Vouk,

Thank you for your reply and for your efforts! Our use case is very niche - we are generating video samples that are streamed across the network to mimic IP camera feeds. Thus we need to match the common camera frame rates such as 5, 12, 20 fps.. and so on. Thank you for adding this ability in with such short notice!

In the meantime without the new build, is it possible to add a parameter to encoder to customize the frame rate?

Thanks again!

• My 2nd tier patrons on patreon have access to the nightly builds on the build server. The change is already included in the latest build.

Non-patrons have to wait for the next release. But i'd like to investigate / fix some more bugs before doing that. Though it shouldn't take that much time anymore.

• Hi Vouk,

Thank you so much for making this addition - It couldn't have come at a better time for our needs! I have already tested 5 and 12 fps with success. I'll be sending in a donation shortly. Keep up the great work! :D

• Thanks! :)

I was always interested what people use the voukoder for. There are ~ 6700 downloads but I don't know much about the projects, companies, studios and youtube channels using this plugin, ... though I am very interested in this.