Voukoder 2.0: Roadmap

• What is planned for the 2.0 release?

Features to be implemented:

• Support for other NLEs
      - Vegas? (If Magix is ready and interested in it)
      - Resolve? (Need to investigate, is there a public SDK?))
    • Support for After Effects
    • Things suggested by David (Piping, etc)
      Still need to investigate
    • More encoders
      AOmedia AV1 and more
    • Multi language support

Changes:

• Use a custom / premiere independent QT UI instead of the Premiere GUI for parameters
      - No problems with updates anymore
      - More intuitive
      - No limitation
      - One implementation for all host applications

This list is not final and might change completely.

Stay up-to-date and follow me on Twitter. Tell me your feedback.

Help to improve this plugin and support me on patreon. Thank you.

• I'm working on V2 already and made some good progress yesterday. My patrons got some exclusive preview screenshots already.

Piping is interesting from a technical point of view. I play to release 1.0 after my vacation and then prototype piping.

• +1 for DaVinci Resolve!

Resolve uses OFX Plugins. I'm not sure if you can add encoders that way. But if you'd be able to make a Voukoder OFX it would be usable in a wide variety of programs (Resolve, Fusion, Nuke...)

Cheers

• Can you imagine if the whole industry supported a standard output api, say like FFMPEG's opensource NUT format which supports both piping and broadcasting, the world would become very interesting overnight!! and opensource projects like Voukoder would become defacto utilities in workflow chains wrapping countless codecs into countless container outputs :D

• BlackMagic contacted me. I have been told an SDK is currently being worked on and they will contact me once it is available. So, keep your fingers crossed.

(That is basically the same thing Magix said to me regarding Vegas support. I wouldn't get over excited about that - It is like "Don't contact us, we'll contact you.")

• BlackMagic contacted me. I have been told an SDK is currently being worked on and they will contact me once it is available. So, keep your fingers crossed.

(That is basically the same thing Magix said to me regarding Vegas support. I wouldn't get over excited about that - It is like "Don't contact us, we'll contact you.")

It's a start at least. :)